A user that only has the traveller role assigned, has the sole purpose of being used to allocate a booking to him/her.
To create a traveller (or any other user role), go to "My Account" > Users. A list of all already created users will be displayed.
To create a Traveller user click on the "+" button, on the right above the user list.
After clicking on the "+" button you will land on the creating a user page.
Agency and company admin users, as well as Arrangers, can create travellers.
- Agency admin users can create travellers for any company;
- Company users with the role "Admin" and/or "Arranger" can create travellers for their company.
Let's run through these fields:
- Select from the dropdown list, the company you're creating a user for.
- Select the "traveller" role. Note that a company user can accumulate several roles (e.g. one can be a Traveller and an Approver) and will then have the respective roles and liabilities assigned to him/her.
When creating a traveller, you will have to assign arranger(s) to be responsible for searching and booking trips for that traveller.
So, if the role "Traveller" is selected, a block to configure Arranger(s) will appear (see image below):
- On the left side, select the arranger(s) you wish to assign to this traveller;
- Click the "add" button in the middle to move arranger(s) to the right box;
- Only "Active" arrangers will be available for selection;
- To remove, just select the arrangers on the right box and click on the "Remove" button.
The arrangers selected (the ones in the right box) are the ones that will be able to search and book for this specific traveller.
Main information is a block common to all users regardless of the roles selected. It's where you enter the user's Name, Surname, Date of Birth, PTC, Email, Password, and Status.
Most fields here are self-explanatory. Let's check those that require extra attention:
- User without login
- The option allows you to create a traveller without login. This feature is useful for travellers that don't need to have access to the system. In this case, the arrangers take care of everything. When you select "User Without Login" the fields Email and Password are disabled;
- This feature is only available for the traveller role since all the other roles have responsibilities and the need to access TTS Corporate.
- If a user status is "Active", it means the travel agency users and assigned arrangers will be able to search and book for this user. If a traveller is "Active" and has login credentials, he will be able to enter the application and use it according to his role's permissions. By contrast, if a traveller is "Inactive", travel agency users and assigned arrangers will not be able to have access to this user and the user will not be able to enter the application.
- Date of birth
- If Traveller role is selected, the date of birth is mandatory so that system can calculate the prices correctly.
This block is also common to all users as an optional filling information. Here you can enter the user's Phone, Address, City, Postal Code, and Country.
This block allows to add passenger information such as Gender, Nationality, Document Type, Document Number, Expiration Date, Country of Issue, and Notes:
- It is optional but very useful to store information for that user profile as some destinations may require additional travelling information.
This block only appears if the "Traveller" role is selected.
Frequent Flyer Cards and Hotel and Rent-a-Car Membership Cards
- Store here traveller's membership cards to be added to the booking. You will always be able to change this info at booking time.
- To add a membership card, start typing the Airline, Hotel Chain or Rent-a-Car supplier and select one of the options that appear, then add the membership card number and hit the check icon.
To remove a membership card just click on the "x" of the card you want to remove.
Learn more about company user roles here.